It’s your vacation, how are you going to fill your time when you #VisitNC?
Planning a vacation in North Carolina? Our website includes a wealth of information about hiking, biking, kayaking and our fascinating historical sights. But for the more adventurous, who don’t mind a bit of a journey we have compiled this list of thrilling activities nearby. Special thanks to Visit NC for this awesome resource of information!
- People are drawn to our beautiful state by the scenery and tranquility. We highly recommend Goose Creek State Park (just 6 miles away). Featuring picnic areas, a swimming beach, eight miles of trails and a visitor centre. Check out Goose Creek State Park’s upcoming events and programs by clicking here.
- Local cool dude and expert shredder Corbin runs wake2wake watersports. He’ll happily arrange some white water activities with his expert tuition. So hit the water today!
- A little over an hour away is Roanoke River Lighthouse in Edenton. It’s open Tuesday through Saturday 10-4. Its history is filled with fateful events and colorful characters, and well worth a visit.
- With so much history and legends, ghosts are a plenty in New Bern. The hour long Ghosts of New Bern tour is sure to haunt your memories!
- Why not indulge in a dinner cruise on the “Belle of Washington”. She docks only 24 km from Bath Creek. Events are listed here.
- If motor sport sets your heart racing, then Dixieland Speedway is for you! Although little further away at 1hr 40 minutes in Elizabeth City, motorheads are sure to enjoy the trek.
- Try Hang-gliding at Nags Head. It’s a longer journey at almost 2hrs away, but an amazing experience to behold.
- In Fayetteville, which is approx 2hr 20 away, your quest awaits amongst the treetops with zip wires. Challenge your courage and get your pulse racing with Zipquest Tours.
- At the Port of Plymouth Museum in Washington County (under 1hr away) you can learn about Civil War history. In particular, the 1864 Battle of Plymouth and the CSS Albemarle.
- If golf is your game, North Carolina has many impressive courses. One of the closest (1hr 25) and highly rated is Sound of Freedom Golf Course at Cherry Point.
Your vacation can be whatever you make it.
We’re here to help you have the best vacation ever! You’re welcome to share our relaxing and beautiful home for as long as you can. A delicious breakfast will fuel you each morning as you explore and immerse in our diverse and friendly state. For more information or to make a booking click here or call us on 252-923-9571 today!